A FEW THINGS COVID TAUGHT YOU
1. BOUNDARIES! Yeah, I said it boundaries, that six feet taught you to say I don’t want to or have to deal with things that may or may not be for my wellbeing. You got rid of people unconsciously that was holding up space in your life. Quarantine taught you the value of alone time and what too much alone can do to you. You finally were able to clean up that room that you held all that stuff in. You may have found something that brung up old memories that showed you what you are capable of.
2. PEACE OF MIND! The ability to be able to do nothing and be okay with that. It taught us how we spend majority of our days outside the home that we rarely have peace in the home. It taught us to be able to sit back, relax, and watch TV even if we didn’t want too. It brung back phone boning you know how I feel about that conversation rules the nation BABY. It taught you the art of downtime and being comfortable with what you have. If you didn’t have what you already wanted, you recognized the value of your needs and wants. It also taught you to not allow everyone in your home and making your home your priority.
3. FAMILY! Family will always be family. Why do we have to see people all the time in order for it to determine the value of the relationship? We learned that we need space from them as well as our friends it doesn’t make them or you a bad person. We are humans, for some of us it made us recognize that we had our priorities wrong. Everybody problems can’t come before your house and then you’ll be wondering why your home as no peace.
4. CHILDREN! Child, we learned a lot of patience when it came to kids. It showed us how we as parents became too reliant on teachers to do much with the wellbeing of our kids. It showed us our own errors and failures. For some of us we learned affective communication skills with our children. You learned the behavioral patterns of your kids, their needs, and how you parent. We recognized the value of daycare, summer programs, and schools.
5. LAST BUT LEAST RELATIONSHIPS! Child, them things was something else want it. Some of y’all went back to old lovers, some of y’all broke up, and some y’all just stop FUCKING arguing. Thank you, because them couples that be arguing all the time sure do know how to kill the mood. Those runners who like yo run to mama house, yo homeboy, baby mama, baby daddy, or girlfriend. You learned that either you gone stay and stick out or leave because when the world wasn’t giving you what you wanted you recognized that you needed to open up and give a little. OR LEAVE! For some of y’all we just welcomed you back to the streets and I would formally like to say, LOOK AT YOU ON THE PROWL! I’M PROUD OF YOU BECAUSE I’M NOT GONE BE OUT HERE LONG! It also taught you to not take nothing for granted because everybody has goals, hopes, dreams, and some things can change overnight. Whether that’s good or bad.
BUT WHEN YOU LOOK BACK ON THE YEAR 2020 AND YOU SAY THAT MIND WARP ALMOST TOOK ME OUT! YOU HAVEN’T SEEN HOW FAR YOU HAVE CAME! EVEN IT SEEMS SMALLS AND NOT ON A MASSIVE SCALE. THOSE MISTAKES YOU MADE; MADE YOU RECOGNIZE THAT PAWNING OVER THEM WITH NO CHANGE WILL JUST BE MISTAKES.